miércoles, 9 de junio de 2010

Gender role and male - female stereotypes in postmodern society

Today I'm going to talk about gender role and male - female stereotypes in post-modern society.
The human's history since ancient times has always been told by men. But today the history is changing, the women has taken an important role in the society.
With the passing of the year, the women have been educated with what has been inserted in the post-modern society.
Especially in my career, obstetric, it happen a weird situation. Midwife is a female career because we know the women body and we can have more empathy than men.
But in the last years this situation has been changing. Men too want to be part of this beautiful career.
When I see that I have male's companion, I think that they don't really want to be there, because every one look at them with a rare face.
But I think ourselves are guilty and biased of the discrimination and stereotypes, because everyone have the same abilities for study every career if this really like it.
Mostly of women are discriminated against with her attitudes and can't accept that times are changing.
Obviously there is male chauvinism in men, but is unacceptable in women.
Well this is my opinion, see you in other post.
BYE BYE

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario